Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blog tag!

I'm supposed to tell 8 things about myself that not many people would know. (Hmmm...) And then I'll tag some other blogs.

1. Country singer Kenny Rogers once played the part of "Daniel Watkins, Photographer" on an episode of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (scroll down to read that blog post!).

2. My children Katia and Jonah are just 10 months and 4 days apart in age. But they don't own the family record...my brother Tim is just 10 months and 1 day older than me. Watkins men like to swing at the first pitch.

3. I got the first MBA w/ an E-Commerce emphasis ever conferred at Saint Louis University.

4. My current favorite sweet tooth indulgence is low-fat key-lime yogurt mixed with a dollop or two of lite cool-whip cream. I like to dip either pretzels or strawberry in my "key-lime whip." (My sweet tooth is very inventive...and it gets me into trouble!)

5. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Mudd. She was distantly related to Dr. Samuel A. Mudd, the physician who was accused of conspiracy in the assassination of President Lincoln. The assassin, John Wilkes Booth, jumped from the balcony at the Ford's Theater after shooting Lincoln...Booth broke his leg in the process. Dr. Mudd was the doctor who treated Booth for his broken leg (not knowing that he had broken the leg in the process of assassinating the President). Dr. Mudd was sent to prison for a few years, but eventually was pardoned by President Andrew Jackson. I had a seventh-grade social studies teacher who used to frequent use the phrase "your name would be mud" and I would laugh and think to myself...it could have been! My name appears in the 2nd edition of the book "The Mudd Family of the United States."

6. I bought my first digital camera -- a Kodak DC260, a 1 mega-pixel point and shoot with an 8 MB compact flash card -- in August of 1998. I over-paid for it. LOL

7. All three of our kids were premature (my wife claims her pregnancy efficiency). Our son Dominic (named after hockey goalie Dominik Hasek) was 3 weeks premature, our daughter Katia (named after Russian pairs figure skater Katia Gordeeva) was 9 weeks premature, and our son Jonah (named for the little boy in the movie Sleepless in Seattle) was 5 weeks premature.

8. I'm in the midst of a "tour of Catholic churches" in the St. Louis archdiocese. I've been to Mass and / or photographed weddings at 112 of the 195 Catholic churches in St. Louis. Ad majorem Dei glorium. :)

Now...I'd like to tag the following photographers...

Sofie Louca
Mike Wise
Michael J. McCrystal
Catherine & Mike Warren
JaNae Yagi
Carrie Boarman
One Blank Canvas
Chelsea Hudson
Adam (and Lynn!) Squier
Michelle Robinson
Jen and Chris Stewart
Charlotte Dameron
Michelle Guzman
Auey Santos
Kacy Photo
Coralee Penner
Nick Haskins
Sarah Tolson
Tim Miller
Jenni McCullough
Kerri Banyas
Ana Frias
Greg Coates
Ginger Moseley
Phil Pereira

I think I was only supposed to tag 8 other photographers -- but 25 seems like a much cooler number anyway. What can I say? I "go the distance!" (Just like I do when I'm shooting a wedding!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sofie said...

Daniel J Watkins, you tagged me... how dare you! ;) Thanks for the tag... would have tagged you right back but you've been there & done it already! Have a great weekend!

9/7/07, 8:54 AM  
Blogger ana frias said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/8/07, 12:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I like how you tagged 25 photographers at once :-) and I was one! Your wedding in the above post is awesome. That second shot is off the hook and I love the Bridal shot in number 5. Your work, like always, is beautiful.

9/12/07, 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home